Friday, May 6, 2011

Collection Fair

Kayleigh is having a collection fair at school today.  She has been working on her 'collection' gathering the items, and working on a way to display and sort the collection at the fair.  She  picked ribbons for her collection (very handy pick with a scrappy mom).  We made a book for her to display her ribbons in.  I cut up a cereal box and she coated it in gesso and painted it.  We played around with some art techniques, did a ric rac mask with glimmer mist, and even a alcohol and water color resist.   I punched holes down the side of each page and she picked and TIED the ribbon herself :)
For fun we added a bunch of ribbons to her hair today and made a ribbon bracelet too :)
I have to admit when I saw her 'manning' her table at the fair I teared up, she's so grown up!
The bracelet she made
When she's nervous she chews her nails
Look how RED her cheeks got!  
3 friends :) I love that Kay's friends seem to adore Kasey :)  
The cover she painted it with a blue water color and then added drops of alcohol blending solution for the fun effect
I punched butterflies and she mod podged them on to this page
This is the ric rac stencil she did with glimmer mist over paint. 

6 comments:

Rachel said...

OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Katie ... you rock as a mama! SERIOUSLY! Will you adopt me?

Kay looks so happy and cute .. I wanna eat her up! TOO SWEET!

R
XOOX

Anonymous said...

that is the cutest thing ever! I love the missing tooth, she's so freakin' cute!

Karen

Laura said...

What a great idea - only you Katie :) This has got to beat any stamp collection out there!

Stay Funny said...

Ahhhh this is so cool! She looks so cut, love her hair... and what a great collection to have!

HeatherFeather said...

That is so awesome!!! What a cool little kid she is!!! Seriously, bet that was the only ribbon collection ever to be seen by the school!!! They are so lucky to have you Katie!!!

Jen B said...

I love this idea. I mean the collection fair (awesome!) and I love the way you did the ribbon book. So great.