Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello Cutie Blog Challenge #2

My crazy spirited friend Rachel is on the DT at the Hello Cutie Challenge blog. This challenge was based on the following photo and you have free rein to use it as inspiration in creating something.





Rachel's creation was a very elegant LO, with stunning hand cutting and a touch of whimsy in the butterflies.  I love it Rachel!
Our friend Heather played along too, and quite honestly her idea to use the photo as a literal sketch for a LO was brilliant! 



Inspired by her literal use of the photo I tried my hand at a water color painting of the photo in my art journal.  Then I taped a pic of Kayleigh in it like a picture hung above the mantel and added some journaling.  This was super fun, I hope they do more photo challenges.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh em gee....look at your crafty self!! what a fabulous take on the challenge girl!! i love your little painting!! brilliant! thanks so much for playing along with us at the cuties!!

HeatherFeather said...

seriously Katie!!! you killed it! awesome!! I love how creative we all get!!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Gorgeous card!
I'm SO glad you are playing along with us at Hello Cutie! Have fun and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments