Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sketchbook Project ?

(a teaser pic from my Brave Girls Journal, because each post should have a pic right? LOL)


Has anyone heard of the Sketchbook project? Here's a link to Pam Garrison's. I for one have been having a lot of fun playing and creating in my art journal. I find the free play has really helped me unleash my creative beast :) I love it when people can come to together and share their art, to see their work up close, and learn. Do you girls remember doing circle journals? I loved those.

So here's what I am thinking... would anyone want to participate in a sketchbook circle. We would each purchase a moleskin journal (here's a link from chapters). Its the small 3x5 size...so it will be easy and cheap to mail all around. Think of doing little ATC pieces of art (depending on how many people sign up, we may be able to do more than one spread in each book) Basically we would need a list of people participating, we would purchase our note book, do a title page or whatever you want in it (as far as the art goes do whatever you want I hate rules and art) and mail it off to the next person on the list. You will have a week to do your piece of art and mail it to the next person once you receive a journal in the mail (this will keep things moving along). Once I get a list of people playing I will put together the mailing order and date to have your journal posted. Sign up will be up for about a week. If interested post your name and email in the comments or email me harkinsk at rogers.com.

LETS PLAY!!!!!!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Rachel said...

YES YES YES .. so where I am creatively right now too! LOVE THIS!

R
XOOX

Jenn Langlois said...

I will totally make time for this. Thank you Katie!

Jenn

Diva Loca said...

oh me oh me oh me - pick me - you just made my dreams come true...

N O T ;)

love the idea, just not for me!!!!

Karen's Violetbliss said...

This might get me creating again.
3x5 actually sounds do-able.
Give me a few days to ponder....K

Stay Funny said...

I'm IN!
Thanks for organizing this!
Miss Diva... you are tooo funny!

Anonymous said...

I could be up for this!!

Sharon

- from Brockvegas Baby!

See you at the S-box this weekend!!

Dorrie said...

sounds like a fun idea...