Sunday, January 16, 2011

Menu Planning

I have been making a weekly menu and grocery shopping for that week's menu for quite sometime now. I usually sit with my laptop on Sundays going....MMMMMM...what to make. I really need to come up with a better system. Ryan and I have been saying for ever that we need to make a master list of dishes I have made and that we love. Right now I browse through some of my favorite food sites for inspiration and build from there. I have heard of some people making each day of the week a theme and then picking from there. For example Monday's are soup or chili, Tuesday pasta, Wednesday chicken etc... I think that might be a good idea to try. So for now I will share my fav sites to go looking for ideas and this weeks menu. Please share your ideas and tips in the comments as I would LOVE SOME HELP :) LOL

Favorite Sites to Look for Dinner Ideas:

Kraft

Better Homes and Gardens

Cooking Light

Good Life Eats

This week's Menu:

Monday:


Coconut Chicken Lime Soup for the adults with fresh bread.
Kids- Confetti Kraft Dinner

Tuesday:

Pesto Meatball Stew (we had this last week and LOVED IT) I use Blue Menu PC Chicken Meatballs.

Wednesday:
Fajitas (the kids love these)

Thursday :

Shake and Bake Oven Stir fry. (we have had this before too and its awesome and easy)

Friday:
Homemade pizza dough and PIZZA :) (I make the dough for Ryan during the day and he makes the pizza with the kids while I go to the SCRAPBOX LOL)

Saturday:

Steak, Veg, and baked potato (this is a treat)

Sunday:

Speggeti and meat sauce.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Mellisa said...

I wish I was as good as you in the kitchen. After a 10-12 hour day out of the house, at least three times per week, the last thing I want to do is be creative and inventive after work and the gym..

Anonymous said...

I have heard good reviews of SOScuisine.com .

They send you grocery lists, menus, etc based on the profile you set up. Never used it myself though.

Jane (Stephanie's friend)

Stay Funny said...

Shake & bake dish looks great!
Sorry the only one I ever go is Kraft! See you Friday! :)

HeatherFeather said...

Yeah Friday night at the Scrapbox!!! I can hardly wait!!! lol

I love Kraft cooking, one dish dinners!!!

Hmm,that is an interesting concept of theme dinners for days of the week....sounds like a plan! thanks!

Rachel said...

The coconut lime soup is on my menu this week too! LOL

I use many of the same sites too chicka ... but you know that! LOL

Hugs and can't wait to see you friday :)

Natasha said...

I use the Looney Spoons Series as my staples for recipes.

They have a site that contain a few recipes. Also they have their own TV show.

http://www.eatshrinkandbemerry.com/

radio controlled jets said...

Great menu planing idea. Every thing looking awesome..I impressed by the menu planing idea and it such a very useful idea.