Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Christmas Canvas for the Snow Suit Fund

I got hit with the crafty bug big time and have spent the last two days ducking down to the basement to work on little bits of this painting. I tried some new techniques on it, and just had fun. Its inspired by a little K&Co Tag I had in my scrap stash from a few years ago of a white tree on a blue background.

Rather than keep this painting to myself I thought it would be fun to see if I could auction it off to my friends on Facebook and on my blog. The proceeds will all go to the SNOW SUIT FUND of Ottawa. Every year about 2000 children in Ottawa need a snowsuit to keep warm. Can you imagine being a little kid who couldn't play outside, or was outside cold and under dressed in the Winter. It costs $40 to buy a snowsuit for a child. So the minimum bid on this painting will be $40. My hope is to get two snowsuits for the painting. But at the very least one warm suit for a child in need would make me and this cute painting very happy.

The painting is 24 x 18 x 2 inches big :) I used a matte gel to adhere found papers (childhood story book pages, tissue paper, paper doilies and vintage text) to the canvas. Then I applied a layer of Gesso. Then a wash of blue water color, then applied drops of alcohol for the cool circle like effect you see. Some more paint, and a speckle spray of watered down white paint for the look of snow. I used some star and snowflake stamps. The tree has pattern paper ornaments with stickles. The garland on the tree is painted with Glimmer Glam and Stickles. The edges of the tree have Crystal Lacquer, white flock and Snow Glitter. The Star at the top of the tree is colored with a metallic pen and stickles. There is also a white bird painted with crackle paint. The background is full of texture and detail.

Bidding will work by posting it here on the blog or FB and I will keep both updated. I will close the bidding next Wednesday and arrange the painting to get to the new owner. The winner will make a donation directly to the Snow Suit Fund.

Thank-you for looking and please think about finding a small or large way to help someone else in need this Christmas Season.












Photobucket

2 comments:

Rachel said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stay Funny said...

Looks amazing and such for a good cause. I am sure it's even X10 better in real.