Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Art Journal Addiction

I picked up a watercolor paper journal before heading to the cottage last week. I packed a bin full of paint, stamps, and some other odd bits. I had a blast playing in this book last week. It was so freeing, so fun, playful. I experimented and took inspiration from my surroundings. Thank-you Donna Downey for you inspiration Wednesdays!




I did this page the first morning at Cedar Cove.

This page was done by gluing a map of cedar cove down and painting over it.
I did this page after I saw a dragon fly on the door at the cottage. My dragon fly looks part butterfly though :) LOL I tried to get a close up of the stamp that looks like fish skin in pearl.

a crazy page...based on a swim at the lake.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty katie! I love it!

heather

Theresa & Keith said...

Wow Katie!

Jessica said...

Love it! I've wanting to try my hand at one of these projects but I'm not sure if I have it in me... ;) TFS!

Mellisa said...

Good for you. I have had the itch lately just not the ambition to scratch it. Not sure what is wrong with me. ugh! (wait .. dont answer that lol)

Joanne C said...

It's beautiful!!!

Rachel said...

GASP! NO WORDS! NO F'in WORDS!

I am in COMPLETE AWE my dear friend!

R
XOOX