Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mini Addiction + happenings

Loads to update....seems its been awhile since I have blogged :( ooops

I finished this mini last week, capturing Kasey's 2nd birthday tea party. I am utterly addicted to mini's, I love the whole process of creating them and most of all the glimmer mist :) Note...I took inspiration for the cover from Stechie's Lush Album :)













I am coming off a high of a weekend and heading into another :)

I spent the past weekend with very good friends (Laurie and Dennis, of C'est La Vie Studio and Design) My parents were very kind to come and take care of the kids while we ventured off to the States for a weekend of shopping and fun. AND FUN WE HAD....up late laughing and in my case peeing...playing games...even loosing at my own game LOL. Shopping was so much fun..I felt like I was in an episode of what not to wear, given the rules from Laurie (no crocs, no yoga pants) and a shopping spree!! It was so much fun to hang out in the change rooms with Laurie trying on stuff laughing and celebrating. The boys had a great time too and took home new wardrobes:) Seriously a fun weekend...and the best part was I felt like I was on a DATE with my hubby all weekend...I even had the crazy butterfly feeling you have when you first date.




Then this coming weekend I have a whole weekend of scrapping with friends...not just scrapping but a Special Event at the Scrapbox taking classes with Debbie Schuh!! (ps. call the store there a few coveted spots left) I am taking the classes with my dear dear Stechie!!! Then I have a huge thank-you to give to Mell for letting me know about an opening to go take a class Sunday with TIM HOLTZ!! So my weekend doesn't end...its keeps going...a day in Montreal Sunday with Stechie, Mell and Tanya. A huge thank-you to them for letting me tag along and praying for a chance to rekindle freindship. Can you ask for any better?

I am blessed indeed!!

4 comments:

N-nonymous (EN-nŏn'ə-məs) said...

absolutely beautiful!

Diva Loca said...

dude seriously...what is there to say?

first - THANK YOU for posting some inspiration - FINALLY. dude it was FAR TOO LONG. love you rockin' the minis...

oh, but you know what i LOVE LOVE LOVE? the heart in the title - it looks like the CLV heart doesn't it? ME LIKEY - ME WANTY!

and finally, i just light up when i think of the weekend. my only complaint was that it was too short (unlike ry - the hotel coffee didn't bother me one bit!)

shopping with you was beyond fun (as others commented on!!!). i still can't believe we came out in EXACTLY the same outfit for the first try-on...goof!

p.s. nice legs baby!

love youuuuuuuuuuu!

Stay Funny said...

WOW Katie - What a beautiful mini! Not because I inspired you, but all the colors, products, the misting with the doilies... ahhhh this is REALLY my all time Favorite one! Good JOB!

So happy you had a fun w-end with the L & D team! Looks like some good shoping and quality time happened - happy for all 4 of your guys!

And CHEERS to a fabulous weekend to come! WOW! 2 days with Debby and the Scrapbox and then a Fun drive with MEll and Tanya To take classes with Tim!

This is why I love my craft... Friends, Moments to cherish, creative mojo and inspiring each other!

Love you and can't wait to see you in 2 dodos!
xx♥

Mellisa said...

great mini - - i love it all (not that that is easy to tell with my lack of creating) but minis are near and dear to my heart. I love creating them. This whole mixed media thing with the paint and what-nots .... or so much fun too.

See you Sunday - T!M woohoo.