Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shimelle's Something from Nothing

I am taking my first class online with Shimelle. The class is called Something from Almost Nothing. The idea being that you will USE YOUR STASH....can't go wrong with that! So far we are into lesson 3 and I am loving it. Each lesson is a topic like metals, paper, ribbon etc...and there are a variety of ideas on how to use them. My goal is to one LO on each topic.

Here are the LO's I have created so far:

Lesson One: Metals

The prompt was to make a frame from brads...so cool :)



another prompt was to use metal frames....I used these MM paper mache like ones....



Lesson 2: paper

one of the prompts was to use circles like this...



The 3rd lesson was ribbon and one of the ideas was a ribbon frame :) I ADORE this pic that Laurie took of Ryan...the title is DYLAN HAS NOTHING ON YOU.




Photobucket

6 comments:

Mellisa said...

love that you used brads to make a frame. great idea.

Stay Funny said...

Loving your projects... love the one with the Frames with Kasey. Beautiful!

Krista Wells said...

any chance I get to see you at the crop tomorrow/saturday?

Also, sorry I didn't respond to your comments on the blog. I had no idea people were even following me...oops. guess i should periodically check that huh?

Rachel said...

STUNNING ... BRIGHT AND HAPPY!

R :)

Rita Weiss said...

great fun inspiration here. love your Spring page! :) Happy Spring Katie.

Dorrie said...

wow Katie.. you inspire me everyday!