Sunday, March 21, 2010

Painting with Glimmer Mist

I did this LO on the weekend and tried something kind of neat. The label shaped paper on this LO was made by glimmer misting a cream colored CS with lemon grass and jack o lantern glimmer mist. I wanted the paper to mimic the red flocked flowers that I cut out of some Lush paper and the flowers in the background Prima Paper. So I dipped my brush in some brick red glimmer mist and painted some flowers on to the CS. I then used some gesso in a dry brush technique over the flowers. Adding the cut out flowers on top really completed it :) Kind of cool :)


Photobucket

5 comments:

N-nonymous (EN-nŏn'ə-məs) said...

VERY cool! a thing of beauty!

Rachel said...

Very cool ... this is one of my fave of yours .... :)

Stay Funny said...

Looking really cool, but I think that it's one of those layout that you would really have to see IFL!

Dorrie said...

oh i love using my gm like waterpaint.. it's awesome....
this is gorgeous...

Barb said...

Ooooooooh, so soft and pretty. Katie, your work is just wonderful.