Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yawn...stretch...tales from the Potty



Tired doesn't quite describe it this morning. Kayleigh is 3 turning 4 in July. We are working on the last stage of potty training and that is getting her to sleep at night without a diaper and WITHOUT PEEING THE BED. We have been working on this for about a week now. The routine is to put her on the potty before she goes to bed at 8, then go and wake her at 9 and have her go again. We put her back on the potty when we go to bed at 10/11. Then we need to put her on the potty again 2-3 times at night. The night time is killer....if we don't remember to wake her and take her pee she will surely wake up crying and soaking wet. Which means changing her bedding and her clothing at an unholy hour. So how do you remember to wake her up in the middle of the night? Luckily I myself get up to pee 2-3 times a night. It sounds simple but its not...you wake and stumble to the bathroom yourself half asleep (note I am known to fall asleep on the potty, also known to fall asleep drinking a glass of water in bed only to let it fall on slumbering husband...yikes) then I have to battle with my sleepy body that wants only to crawl back under the covers to go take daughter to the potty. I stand there and battle it out with myself...even considering waking hubby to go do it and finally trudge off to 'get er done'. All this activity in the middle of the night does not make for a restful sleep. Add to that this week I have spent 2 nights sleeping in Kayleigh's twin bed wedged between a wiggly child, who cried through much of the night and the cold hard bed railing. This morning we did achieve success and triumph, at 4:30 AM when Kayleigh awoke and asked to go pee (would be nice if she got up and did it herself and got back in bed herself and pulled her own covers back on herself). Our triumph was short lived...when she and her sister decided it was time to get up at 4:45AM....two children in our room, giggling and wriggling...hence the yawn, stretch, coffee routine this AM.

So how do you think today will go? Tired grumpy Mommy? Tired grumpy children? I know my poor husband is tired and there isn't a couch at work to grab a snooze on. As I write you can see from the picture above we are all camped out on the couch with no intention of moving till lunch :)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a piss off world kinda day! :) It'll all be worth it in the end though! I PROMISE!

R :)

Diva Loca said...

oh man
that picture is CLASSIC.

kasey looks like princess bedhead (with her deer in the headlights ever present)...i swear that kid is destined to be a hunter...

GO KAYLEIGH GO!

Stay Funny said...

to cute - well the toal stoory how you wrote it, not the sleepless night.... part! Good luck - you can do it and Kayleigh too!
Hugs
xxxx

one and one + two said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I am going to check into the kids crop for the boy and I - he loves to scrap with me!