Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Like it HOT!!!!








Ryan and I had a blissful evening at Em and Steve's house last night. As soon as we entered their house the most delicious smells enveloped us, coconut, lemongrass, curry, and cilanto. Em's hubby is an amazing cook. He has traveled 22 countries enjoying food from many cuisines. For our dinner he made a Thai Soup with Prawns, fresh lemongrass, lime leaves, chilies, and shitake mushrooms. We had homemade spring rolls...you have no idea how many I ate...oh my. The main course was a HOT red curry and a mild (for lame-o Em LOL) green curry. The curries had fresh bamboo shoots in them!! Perfect hotness...perfect! It was like a night out at my favorite Thai restaurant.

Now what on earth am I going to make when they come over??


Photobucket

4 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW ... are they looking to adopt a 35 year old woman??? LOL Sounds yummy .. and sounds like you had some fun!

Diva Loca said...

when i saw the picture of the chilis, all i could think of was your hands when you made the jalepenos!!! he he he.

ok that supper sounds SERIOUSLY AMAZING...i'm open to adoption too!

Dorrie said...

well.. i like steak and actually i would eat dirt right now...LOL
although it doesn't sound like my cup of tea...i am glad you enjoyed it...the ingredients are pretty though, eh?

Stay Funny said...

wow sounds delish for those that like it hot, also not really my cup of tea!
It looks like you had a fabulous time! have a great week!