Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Paper Passion October Kit Reveal

The October Paper Passion Kit is here!!!!!!



This is my Fav LO of the kit :) I used the Heidi Swapp Large bracket mask to ink a bracket frame on the inner frame of the PP. I also used glimmer mists to change the colors of the flowers. The flowers were originally a pale yellow color which made them very easy to transform into any color :) I also used some Tim Holtz crackle paint to add to the distressed look of the page. I used my crop-a-dile to make holes in the cardstock letter stickers. I also added a bit of a green glimmer mist to the Basic Grey Doilie.
My FAVORITE thing about this kit is the Core'dinations Cardstock...its beautiful and when the edges are distressed with a distress tool the inner core is revealed. I also bunched the paper on this page like you would fabric and placed the Maya Road Pins in it.



The background to this LO is the Fab Core'dinations cardstock and I distressed the edges of it. I wanted a really pale blue grey silver look to the LO. I used the Basic Grey Doilie in the LO in a different way. I turned it over so that its white side was shown and glimmer misted it with a silver grey color. I loved using the Core'dinations cardstock to mat the photo and again distressing the edge of it. I glimmer misted the chipboard leaves in the same color as the BG doily. I also used some pearl smootch to highlight the leaves and the letters. I like that I journaled right on the chipboard leaves.



I found this kit really versatile, I did a little girl LO, 2 about me pages, and one little boy page with it. For my boy page I used the Heidi Swapp Masks to create inked circles on the background pp. I then used distress ink on some number and letter stamps to add a faint stamped image inside some of the masked circles. I also used the Heidi Swapp Circle Masks to trace circles onto the pp to cut out. I used a circle punch to punch a circle out of the Basic Grey Doilie. My favorite thing on this page are the wood buttons!




This LO displays one of my favorite techniques (its a weird one). I love using my PP after I have punched shapes out of it. I used this background pp in my boy LO, where I had punched a few circles out. They aren't lined up nicely, but they look cool to me. So I used this sheet of pp for my background. I placed a scrap of pp behind the punched out circles. I did the same thing with the wide strip of grey polka dot paper. I think it gives the page that 'funky artsy fartsy' feel :) If your into that :) LOL That same wide strip of grey polka dot paper served a spot for journaling as well. I used that FAB Core'dinations cardstock again here, and double matted my photo and created a large shaped mat too. I used a left over piece of the Basic Grey Doilie here as well. Throughout my LO's when I used the Basic Grey Doilie I randomly pulled it apart, to use in its bits and pieces.

And Girls I still have enough stuff left over for at least 2 cards.

Note: I saved the negative chipboard to the Scenic Route Chipboard Leaves. I thought I could use it to trace leaves in the future or even as a mask or stencil :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

Stay Funny said...

WOW! Beautiful Katie!

Love the Kayleigh layout, really my favorite one and "2nd Chance" also is hitting home... Great first assignment!

one and one + two said...

great job with the kit! I am totally scraplifting you...

Dorrie said...

These are goergeous Katie....you rocked that kit...

Rachel said...

SO INCREDIBLY ARTISTIC! I ADORE how you can take any kit and change it into your needs ... no wonder you are on the DT my dear friend! GORGEOUS WORK!

R
XOOX