Saturday, October 31, 2009

New Paintings



I painted these for a friend :) There is a lot of texture that doesn't show up in the pictures. I laid old lace and doilies on the canvases at random and then used a palette knife to scrape model paste on. After the lace was removed the design was left behind in relief. I also stamped on to the painted surface with a wooden hand cut Indian Block Stamp. A little bit of metallic paint was used too and accounts for the glare in the photos.

I feel another painting coming on now...LOL


Photobucket

5 comments:

fairyrocks said...

These are very artistic Kat!!
Would love to see a close up of some of the details.
Lucky Dorrie!!

Barb said...

GORGEOUS! Wow, you are multi-talented, my friend! :)

Vanessa said...

very cool!
you are so talented!!

Stay Funny said...

WOW.... can't wait to see them IRL at Dorrie's!

Rachel said...

Oh I can't wait to see the textures up close! Bet it's amazing! Gorgeous hun!

R
XOOX