Sunday, October 25, 2009

His Grace



I made it out to Sequoia Church (above pic is from their website) today. I have been feeling so lost from God of late, lost in myself and in "my insulating thoughts." Today we talked about many things, one of them being how God pursues us...and I have to say I felt like that this week. I could feel God calling me back. One of the most significant callings this week was when I got home from running errands with the kids and found a note tucked in my door from my friend EM. The note said how much she cared and was worried about me and wanted to say how dear she thought I was. The funny thing is as I walked up to the door seeing the note I actually longed for someone to reach out..and I felt after reading the note like God was showing his Grace through this friend. After all, the wonderful friends in my life are certainly one of God's blessings.

I had an awesome day yesterday with friends at our LSS...and yet on my way home I was in tears...I felt like I was missing something...and here I found myself today walking in the doors to church this morning.

The music and singing (even the electric guitar solo) opened up my soul and I felt myself letting go of the stupid stuff (worries, material stuff, selfish stuff) and all of the mundane and negative poured out, I could feel his love for me pouring in to fill me.

I thought I would share a few of the tidbits I walked away with today...random tidbits..

"we go through brokenness: to identify with other people

Get out of your comfortable zone..I love his because I once read that when we feel God working in our lives and us working with him doing his work we sometimes feel out of place, a little like a crazy person. LOL

Don't go to church, BE THE CHURCH

Don't become RELIGIOUS....LOVE THIS!!! When asked what denomination Sequoia is...its not this or that...or Catholic or Baptist...its a church of believers, followers, Christians! Proudly the NON Typical Church (I agree they play BEATLES!!!)

Today was a very GOOD DAY and I feel FULL.




Photobucket

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

Katie, how true, this is an excellent and very thought provoking post.

Les100ciels said...

thanks for sharing
hugs

Diva Loca said...

amazing...

i love the brokeness part...so true and enlightening

thank you for this and thank you for you :)

Dorrie said...

i am proud to call you my friend.. i have always said that i am not religious...
i am very proud of you..
sometimes you just need to say the words out loud...
you inspire me everyday.

Karen's Violetbliss said...

Wow Katie you are so lucky to have found something so uplifting. I hope I can find a similar avenue to grow with and i appreciate you sharing this post....things that make you go hmmmmm!!!
Love you...karen

Rachel said...

I can't even comment on this .. funny how when you feel so lost and out of touch, something so simple can drag you back in! I LOVE YOU!

R
XOOX

Stay Funny said...

Oh dear Katie, happy that you are finding your way back with the help of God and the Sequoia Church.
Love you and wishing you a wonderful week filled up with good moments with your family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Very touching. Glad you found your way back Katie!! Those words touch very deeply into one's very soul!!

hugs
Suzane