Thursday, October 29, 2009
We have been making some healthy changes around the house based on this amazing ebook, Healthy Homemaking.
One of the changes we have made is to cook with coconut oil. I tried this recipe today and its really good!
Coconut Oil Recipes #6 - Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies
Okay, time for some sweet treats! Here's a coconut oil recipe I found that uses coconut oil, shredded coconut and bananas. You'll like these baked goodies if you're trying to avoid white flour and white sugar.
* 3 ripe bananas
* 1 cup sultanas
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, mash the bananas, stir in oats, sultanas, shredded coconut, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven).
Recipe courtesy of Foodgeeks.com