Thursday, August 27, 2009

GLIMMER MIST FUNK-I-FIED MOJO

Just when you thought Glimmer Misting couldn't get anymore fun....I discovered this: RESIST with clear embossing. This entire Maya Road Bird Chipboard album is made with this technique and LOADS OF GLIMMER MIST. I applied Gesso to the whole album first and then either stamped (see script design) or used an embossing pen to doodle. Then I used a clear embossing powder on the doodles or stamped designs. Then I just went to town spraying my glimmer mists, trying out some new colors and letting it pool (my favorite technique) on the chipboard. The colors on this album are amazing!

I wish I could spray this stuff on my body and go out looking beautiful :)












Photobucket

6 comments:

Diva Loca said...

dude if anyone is going to get me into glimmer mist it'll be you. MOVE OVER VICKI - you ain't got nuttin' on Kataroo!

seriously - do you have ANY clue just how talented you are? geez.

i'm going to spend more time with you and hope like heck it rubs off. if nothing else i'm sure a little glimmer mist will rub off!

love you

Aeify said...

Beautiful misting!! This album is SO FREAKIN' CUTE!! TFS

Louise Dubord said...

Love it, it is magnificent! I tried this technique too on cards after I used the Glimmer mists on Heidi Swapp invisibles... It rocks! Hey girl, how come you do so much art and you have 2 little girls? Do you sleep at night? Or do you feed them sleeping pills? Just kidding!

Dorrie said...

I think I have every colour of glimmer mist in the book but I have no idea how to use it right..
when we get together, you need to give a demo...
Gorgeous.. ouber talented... and i love ya!

Barb said...

Ooooh Katie! I love this project. I haven't tried any glimmer mist yet, but I'm with Laurie... I think you'd be just the person to turn me onto it. :)

Stay Funny said...

Can't believe I didn't comment on this one! What a fabulous project! Filled with fabulous techniques! love all the resist embossing you created in the background!