Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A RE-USE album



This album makes use of re-using some stuff. The basic album is constructed from a cardboard box. The denim ruffles are from an old dress. I also used a bunch of old rub ons and stickers that have been sitting around for ever.

I used layering throughout the album. I purchased Donna Downey's Video class on layering awhile ago. I thought the video was great and I learned a lot and all for $5 bucks. I have used Gesso throughout the album in layers over each thing applied, over papers, paint, stamps, fabric, etc...I like how it blends all the elements together.

So here we go :)















Photobucket

9 comments:

Closet Artist said...

Katie your work is absolutely AMAZING!!! Would you please consider teaching classes somewhere so we can all learn from you?!
I also purchased Donna's layering video. How great is it for just $5?!

Louise Dubord said...

You so WOW me. Your work is so free-spirited, breezy, and I can hear you laugh when I look at your art! I envy your spontaneity! (I am too picky, it takes me for ever.) Idea for you : I agree with Renee, you should teach classes to encourage us to let go, be more free in our art. That would be so liberating.
Can't wait to see you on Saturday.
XXXLoulou

Louise Dubord said...

Also, my favorite part in this album is all the little hand-drawn designs.

Stay Funny said...

WOWZER!
Love it too!
Can't wait to see it Friday when i come and visit prior the crop!

Great job!
Have to get that viedo class + the quilt one!

Have a super fun day!

Aeify said...

This book is FAB!!! Love Love Love the fuffles!!! (yes, ruffles do have ridges...LOL)

Rachel said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Dorrie said...

Absolutely stunning....
Your work is like noone else's... I love love love it ...
A class of it's own!

Barb said...

Oh wow, very artsy and beautiful. Your work is inspiring, Katie... even if my creations are nothing like yours, I am in awe of and inspired by your artistry.

Anonymous said...

Your pages are just WOW!!!! Unbelievably talented girl!!! I agree, you should start teaching classes!!!! Remember that class "A Book of Scraps", I never got to do that one!! LOL!!!