Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Sunday

Ok so church was OK not great...Kayleigh had a melt down in the kids class and they had to come get me. I tried to have the kids sit with me for the service. They sat on the floor and emptied two travel size wipe containers and cleaned the floor. They were pretty good while doing that ie. quiet and occupied but I was having so much anxiety just waiting for them to flip out that we made a quiet exit and went home. Will try again and see if she lasts longer next time. Problem is that next Sunday is the Blackburn crop and I haven't been able to go for ages and I can go next weekend. So do we do church or do I go crop....mmmm this one is going to be tough!

I finally got some creative juice back this weekend and scrapped both Fri night and Sat night. I wad really taken by these photos of Laurie's.

This LO is a very strange mix of papers with the spring like bright colors of the Heather Baily papers and the muted tones of the Amy Butler, then the brown lazer cut paper. I used metallic paints on the "holes" and on the cut work flowers and chipboard. No real embellies here other than the chipboard letters. I have to say I really like this one :)






This one is more graphic and simple than my usual style. I used Basic Grey paper and I am really not a huge fan of BG. I love their papers but find that I have a hard time working with them. I used on of my fav techniques here making line work with a black pen and then filling in some of the lines with white paint.




3 comments:

Diva Loca said...

oh baby - i love love loveeeee these :)

you totally rocked them out.

i feel so honoured to be part of your amazing work girl!!!

Tanya said...

sorry to hear about your church experience...there is a reason why I do not take my girls..that, and I am not a huge goer to start with. Ab is good in it now..it is just Hadley...she could not even sit through my grandmothers very short service...I say leave them home until they are old enough to be good...then you will have the peace with no anxiety and enjoy your service.

Stay Funny said...

Love the layouts with Laurie's pictures! Happy you got your groove back and I'm sure next time Church will go better!