Thursday, January 8, 2009

Missing You



Our family dog, Brandy passed away today. She passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. She wasn't sick, and was running about just the day before. She simply suddenly peacefully passed away in the loving arms of my Daddy today. I miss her so much already. I feel so badly for my parents who will be missing a big warm furry loving part of their lives. My daughter Kayleigh and Brandy had a very special relationship. Brandy would stay with us when my parents traveled and Kayleigh would often be found playing with Brandy, petting her, sitting on her while eating her snack, and even sleeping on her! Brandy was the kindest, most gentle dog. If you would say TELL ME, she would bark...and if you asked her WHO DO YOU LOVE she would go to her favorite person of the moment and bark. She would stick her big head on your lap and wait for you to pet her and when you didn't she would nudge your hand until you did. She had the most beautiful face, the fur around her face was really blond. I used to love getting her to jump up on the bed, knowing she wasn't allowed and then curling up against her big furry body and sleeping. I loved sneaking her food, especially yummy treats from the dinner table. She loved our dog Frodo, the two would chase and play and hump....and hump and chase some more :) So many happy memories:)

My dad told me today that our pets our gifts from God, that they are examples of PURE furry unconditional LOVE :) Thank-you for all of your love Brandy, and I will love you always.


10 comments:

Mellisa said...

So sad. I am very sorry.

Linda F. said...

Aww. I'm so sorry! I know how attached we get to those beautiful furry friends. You're Dad is very wise: they are an example of the best, most unconditional love. If only we as humans could emulate even a part of that! ((hugs))

Closet Artist said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is great to have known the unconditional love of an animal.

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Brandy.

What a beautiful doggy! I'm glad you have so many wonderful memories together.

Diva Loca said...

oh Katie - you've had a rough run with your furry friends lately...

I'm so sorry about your loss but very happy you had so many happy memories together as a family...

hugs girl

Stay Funny said...

So sorry to here about Brandy... happy that your dad was there with her at the end, but really sad at the same time.
Sendding you a big virtual hug!

brn2scrp said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm brand new to this whole dog thing but it doesn't take long to develop the bond and understand what others have been experiencing. Sounds like she had a wonderful doggy life though and maybe a sudden passing is better than prolonged illness and having to make THE decision which I hope I never have to make...

Rachel said...

OH HUN.... I chatted with ya yesturday and I still think that you have had your THREES... hugs to you and be sure to scrap those pics.. I bet it'd warm your dad's heart too!

Hugs
XOOX

Anonymous said...

AAAhhhhh. So sorry for the loss of your beloved family dog!! Cherish your memories!! Hugs to you.\
Suzane

Barb said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. It sounds like Brandy was a wonderful dog and I'm certain she earned her angel wings. (((hugs)))