Thursday, December 11, 2008

Signing in



Its been a rough week for us. This past Monday we noticed our Wiener Dog, Frodo limping and then loosing use of his hind legs completely. We took him to the vet right away and were shocked to find out that he had a spinal cord injury. We were out of town at the time, and took him to see our own vet the next morning and were promptly sent to the Alta Vista Animal Hospital. We spent the Monday night thinking we were going to have to put hm down, and in the end couldn't bear the thought of loosing him. He has been a huge part of our lives for 8 years and also is Kayleigh's best friend. So decided to go ahead with back surgery, which took place Tuesday. Frodo is still in the hospital, we will be seeing him again tonight. He is doing OK, not great, has lost some ground, but they still expect a full recovery, only a slight wobble at worst. Its just looks like it will take more time. I am bringing him my sweat shirt today to have my scent with him. I miss him warming my feet in bed...they really are HOTdogs :)



On a happier note some pics from the last few days:)













Two LO's from hanging at Diva Loca's this past Friday night :) Thank-you girls I had a blast!!





8 comments:

brn2scrp said...

Hope Frodo gets better soon ... hugs!

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! =( I really hope that he fully recovers from this. Good luck with it all. Sending lots of virtual (((((hugs)))) your way.

Stay funny said...

Happy you are back and that the little guy will come home soon. Big hugs see you Sunday!

Love the green eyes girl!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your dog being sick Katie!! Sure hope he recovers quickly!!
Love all your pics. The kids pj's look pretty cute!!
Fab layouts!!

Anonymous said...

That was me Suzane. LOL

barb said...

Oh man, what a scare! I hope Frodo is back on his feet again really soon. (((hugs)))

barb said...

Btw, I LOVE those photos of your girls... I love love love that foot-grabbing stage of babyhood. There's not a lot cuter than a smiling/laughing baby who's hanging onto her foot for dear life! :D

Marlene said...

Poor Frodo - I am so behind in my blog reading....