Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mom Inspired



I have to tell you I spent a lot of time yesterday surfing some MOM blogs (with Kayleigh on day 3 of the flu and us confined to the couch for the day). I was so inspired by these mom's, the way they cook for their families (healthy home cooked food), the way they played with their children, the way they created (whether it be sewing clothing or scrapping). In particular I was all over Emily's blog and the Angry Chicken blog. These women have me wanting to cook beans, and lentils, involve Kayleigh in cooking, learning to sew and composting!!!!

So today I started my new adventure in MOMhood and baked some HEALTHY cookies with Kayleigh. She helped with each step and then we even washed the dishes together. I figure the more I involve her in helping to cook food the more likely she will be to eat the food. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

So here is the receipe for these amazing Carrot Cookies...I have been making them for awhile now and really really love them. Yes I have eaten 3 already :(

Carrot Cookies (from BETTER BABY FOOD, Daina Kalnins)
1/2c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup shredded carrots
blend all this crap togther...(ok this is the katie version)

1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1c whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1.2 tsp salt
sift together and slowly blend into wet ingredients

400 F, 15 min ( i do big cookies 20 min)

2 comments:

Stay funny said...

I'm happy that your embracing the MOMhood... with the girls! This is super cool and Kayleigh and Kasey will be given so much from you by all those activities! Em Falconbridge rocks... and she's a good role modle to have, full of creativity, a stay @ home mom and just darn cool... just like you, except the haidstyle ;) !
I love you
S xx

barb said...

The cookies sound GREAT. Poor Kayleigh. I hope she's feeling all better by now!