Sunday, May 25, 2008

so proud




































yep,proud...I am so proud of this mini album!! I had so much fun making it!! It was this months project kit from Bad Girls. It was full of Prima goodness (flowers, bling for inside the flowers, say it with crystals, felt die cuts, felt alphabet, stamps,paper). I used some of my own stuff, and didn't use some of the kit stuff.

The album itself is made with a fairly flexible cardboard, which I painted and while the paint was still wet lay it on a large piece of corrugated cardboard wet side down, this resulted in some of the paint coming of and leaving a stamped impression of the corrugation. I then glimmer misted the board in three colours and used a heat gun to dry up the pools of mist, resulting in a stain look. Then I took the prima stamps that came in the kit and randomly stamped on the stamped on the pages. Another cool tech I used was using prima paper lace, and the backing from the prima felt as masks to stencil with paint. i also used dimensional paint on the flower on the cover.

Here's the finished album :)

4 comments:

brn2scrp said...

Holy cow, that is amazingly gorgeous!!!!!!

Stay funny said...

it was amazing in real life! Was happy to visit you yesterday and spend a few hours with you and the girls.
Big hugs
S

Rachel Tops AKA "Doodlebug4444" said...

Katie this turned out brilliantly beautiful! WOW WOW WOW.. I bet the pics don't do it as much justice as it deserves.. cannot wait to see it IRL!

Hugs
Rach
XOOX

barb said...

Wow wow wow wow WOW! You are so talented, Katie. I love your style... all that pink and lace and paint and glitter and layered goodness. Wow! Kasey is growing and wow wow wow! I love this album.