Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day




This post is specially for my Marmie.

On this Mother's day I pondered on what to write for you mom, what words would thank you for all that you have blessed me with, and how to show you how much I love you. Over the years I have written many words for you, poems about house coats, phone calls to God, and even an attempt at Ashley Calder like prose. On this Mother's Day I would like to write about you, my Marmie as Grandma Kathie (or as Ryan likes to refer to you; Crazy Grand-MA).

I have had the great blessing of watching you blossom as a Grandmother, first with Hannah and Payton and now with my own children. I must admit that I was worried once that Kayleigh (and now Kasey too) would not have the chance to bond with you the way that my nieces Hannah and Payton have because we live so far away. Yet despite the distance and not seeing you nearly as often as we would like, you and Kayleigh have such a special relationship. From a very young age she was comfortable with you and felt so very safe with you. I have so enjoyed watching her with you, how she looks for you in the morning in the guest bedroom, how she goes to you for kisses and cuddles on the couch. I love how you sing her to sleep in the car when she cries. Your the only one that she will sit still with for pig tails :) You have put so much work into decorating the nursery, making Kayleigh's layette, and decorating her big girl room. I love that Kayleigh reacted with a big oooh and hand clapping when she saw it.

Most of all I am so thankful that my girls have been blessed with you as a Grandma because they will get to experience all of the things that I have with you as my Marmie. Kayleigh and Kasey will always feel loved, warm, safe, and protected in your arms, and with the sound of your voice.

Plus, should they ever need any decorating, painting, sewing, or gardening done I bet you can help them :)

I love you Marmie, thank-you for everything, and have a wonderful Mother's day :)

Love Katie

4 comments:

Rachel Tops AKA "Doodlebug4444" said...

Sniff!

R
XOOX

Marlene said...

So sweet! You and your girls are very lucky.

Stay funny said...

Ohhh this is beautiful Katie. What a special post for your mom and I'm sending her a big hug also for Mothers' day... one day late...
She's a wonderful woman, mom and grandma. I really always love my little chats with her and was really happy to spend some time with her when you gave birth to Kasey.
Big hugs and love,
St├ęphanie

Anonymous said...

Aweeeeeeeee, what an absolute beautiful tribute to your mom Katie :) I just love how you put things together, I wish I could say I have them same :(

Kuddo's to you girlfriend, you rock :)

Kare Bear