Sunday, January 6, 2008

Inspiration






After what seems like a long dry spell I am finally in the mood to paint again. I have been so loving Donna Downey's journey thru paint and her inspirational muse Kelly Rae Roberts. Kelly's work really speak to me. So I ventured to A Fine Mess on Friday night to try my hand at a painting inspired by Kelly's work. I like how this turned out, the words say "their delicate wings were drawn to her." The wings made out of butterflies and the wording is my own. I have a long long way to go in learning how to paint more relaistic figures (a big departure from my abstract work) but I am really into this. Genna asked me how I would now take what I have learned and make it my own, ie. Its nice to copy and learn but how can this become a kataroo orginal. I have an idea floating about and am working on a canvas now. Hopefully, I will be able to show it to you soon.

6 comments:

barb said...

How delightful, Miss Katie! I'm so glad to see you're creating again. I LOVE your work, whether it's on canvas or done with paper and glue. You are truly talented, my friend.

Mellisa said...

Katie - this is beautiful. I love that you ventured away from your nown and love your results even more. I think its up there with one of my fav's of yours.

Anonymous said...

Now that IS beautiful! Wanna make one for my new house when Ken and I get married? LOL I would love to have a Katie original!

Love Robyn~

P.S. I already have the owl you made for me in my office!

Mellisa said...

Ohh Robyn - she could do a custom bride-groom! teeheehee

Stay funny said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh my Katie... this is so beautifull! Wow.... can't wait to see it... and the next ones!

Rachel Tops AKA "Doodlebug4444" said...

Just gorgeous.. i think the world is ready for a Katie original too!!!! LOL

R XOOX