Monday, January 14, 2008

Hello from Norland, ON

We arrived in Norland Fri night, and spent the weekend at my parents. Ryan is working in Vancouver all week so I am spending the week here and at my sisters so that I am not alone. This past weekend my sis and my nieces were also at my parents and I had my 5 yr old neice Hannah work on a painting with me. She did most of it herself, with very little help from me. She was really good at taing direction, and at the same time offering her own ideas. She learned to dry brush, and apply matte gel to papers, and to use a pallete knife. I can't wait to take a pic and post her final work. I also had some play time last night I experimented with water colours and black ink, ding some illustrations, loads of fun and something I want to use in a LO soon. That's all for now :)

2 comments:

barb said...

Oooooh, have fun with your niece! My little guy LOVES to create as well. I was thinking it won't be long before your own little monkey is into the paints and whatnot at A Fine Mess!

Enjoy the time with your family... let them spoil you and take good care of you.

P.S. How many more weeks? My girlfriend in Barf-Haven is having her third in 10 days!

Rachel Tops AKA "Doodlebug4444" said...

OMG Katie.. that beautiful child now knows more than I do about painting.....BAHAHAHAHA She kinda has a cool auntie too! LOL Glad you are getting some time with family, but I do miss ya BIG!

R XOOX