Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ashley Calder you are my muse


I just finished reading Ashley Calder's book scraptastic, and it is the best book ever, it is so full of techniques using gesso, paint, water colors, ink etc.... I played with this tonight and am quite happy with how it turned out. Its a piece of very heavy water color paper cut to 12x12 and the design is my own, done in ink and then filled in with water colors. I used minimal embellishments, wanting the design to stand out. Very fun!!

4 comments:

barb said...

Very very fun! I love this page, Katie. You are so very talented, my friend. :)

Stay funny said...

Wow looks great, it's always fun to experience new stuff!
Hugs
S

Robyn~ said...

Awesome as usual! Great job on this! Have you SUBMITTED lately??

Rachel Tops AKA "Doodlebug4444" said...

Oh sweetie... you do so well with all elements of art in your scrapping. I am so impressed!

Rach