Monday, April 30, 2007

Weaning and other things Kayleigh


Well I have begun to wean Kayleigh in preparation for daycare in 6 weeks. I don't want to pump, I just can't stand it. So I now have her down to just nursing twice a day in the morning. I thought I would feel sad and reluctant to do this, but it actually feels a little freeing. The bottles are not hard to do and she seems to take them just fine. Next week we will be down to one nurse a day, and I will keep nursing her in the morning when I am back at work. Next week we also start work on changing her naps in preparation for daycare. Right now we sleep together at nap time. I've always been a big napper, and I tell you one of my very favorite things about being home with Kayleigh is curling up with her and sleeping. One of the best feelings in the world. I am really going to miss this daily routine of ours. I hope she transitions well to the crib. So May is a month of change for her and then June 11 is the big change me back at work and her in daycare. We are still looking for a daycare provider, and have some leads...I hope we find something right for us soon. I have mixed feelings about going back to work, I want to stay home with her, but part of me also is looking forward to a little independence of my own.

She sure is growing up fast and becoming more of a little girl and less of a baby. Like the other day while we sharing our cookies, she came over and dipped her cookie in my glass of milk like I always do. She laughs a lot now, and enjoys playing games, and dancing to music. She also will pick up a book at bedtime and read it with this quiet little baby babble that just makes me warm and fuzzy.

You know what??? I miss her every night, and think about going in her room and wanting to take her into my own bed to cuddle.

5 comments:

Mellisa said...

Awww! I love how much you love her. HUGS to you.

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Ahhhh... bitter sweet time of changes! Absorb every moment that you can. But you might be surprised! The transition could be very smooth. My girls didn't have a look back at us when we left them at the daycare the first day. Big hugs to you. :D

Stay funny said...

BIg hugs and I am sure a good angel is over you and you will find the perfect fit for the daycare. Love you lots and enjoy each moments!

Michelle said...

So I'm not really sure why, but your post made me teary. In a good way!
Ack, still no luck with the day care, huh? I hope you find what you are looking for.

Rachel Tops AKA "Doodlebug4444" said...

I adore you Katie

Rach