Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Paper Satchel Happy






I say satchel rather than bag, because it just fits the nostalgic feeling I get when I get these paper satchels with raffia handles at A Fine Mess to put my newly purchased goodies in. So what better use for one than to make a photo decoration out of it to hang on a doorknob :)
I started by painting a background surface on the bag with cream MM paint. I also dry brushed this paint onto the handles. I used heavy water colour paper and tore it into circle like shapes than applied basic grey rub ons and then water colour paint over top. The bird was sketched onto pp in pencil and then cut out and mounted on chipboard for dimension. A scrap piece of transparency was used to extend a circle of mini buttons past the page. I also used one of my fav new tech's here, where by I used a grey/silver sparkle pen to scribble on my chipboard letters.

6 comments:

Robyn~ said...

Wow, wow and wow....very nice! And such a good idea!

Stay funny said...

Love it!
I was really happy to have the "master" do her art in front of me at the Crop!

Marlene said...

you are so creative Katie. These are gorgeous!

Kimberly said...

What a cute idea for a paper bag, oops, I mean satchel. And that little birdie is too sweet. Perfect for the doll whose face is in the spotlight.

Michelle said...

Wow! Nobody does shabby chic like you, Katie! This is just gorgeous!

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Wow! This is just so gorgeous! You have such a creative mind! Look at all those awesome details... So meticulously thought off... Just great work Katie! =D