Thursday, March 29, 2007

Daycare Interview #1

Today was our first daycare interview. I got lost walking to it and what should have been a 8-10 min walk turned into an hour...good thing I left really early. This isn't the right provider for us. She has 4 children of her own, and sits two kids now. So Kayleigh would be with one child till 3pm and then with 6 others from 3-6. She says that her older daughters are really good at helping, which alarmed me as I am not looking for a child of 12 years old to take care of my daughter. Also English is their second language (as well as the two other children she sits) and although they speak English beautifully, I think it would be confusing for Kayleigh to learn to speak when another language is being spoken frequently. If I were to put her in a bilingual environment it would be English and French. So I have two more interviews, and hopefully they go well. MMMM I wish I didn't have to leave her. :(

6 comments:

Robyn~ said...

Wish I could afford to just send you money to keep you home....wouldn't that be nice? You'll find something...hang in there!

Clare said...

omg Katie, run away, run away!!!!!! you WILL find a better daycare, don't you worry, just be patient. I wonder if the "getting lost" was God's way of trying to divert you away?!!

Jennifer said...

I remember how hard it was looking for childcare when my oldest was a baby. It's heartbreaking actually....but then I found a wonderful older lady who was like a grandma to my daughter.

Things will work out. And it's Saturday...buy a lotto ticket, maybe you'll win the $30 million ;)

Michelle said...

Listen to your instincts, Katie. You will find someone perfect for you and Kayleigh.

Sue said...

Hi Katie,
Michelle is soo right you will know the right provider the minute you meet! Hang in

Nathaile (famille1999) said...

I'm sure that you'll find something that you feel is right for you and Kayleigh. :D As for a bilingual environment, I don't think that there is need to be worried really. My dds were in a bilingual daycare from 8 months old and up and I never found that they had any delay with their language skills "au contraire". And the good side to that is that they are now very bilingual. Barb can attest to that! LOL