Monday, January 15, 2007

Give me Kick in the Ass!!! Please

ok I need your help...hopefully someone is reading this.

I have had a dream since I was a small child to write a book. I have had so many ideas over the years....have gotten inspired...have thought to myself I am really truly going to do this!! But here I am still just dreaming. Untill INSPIRATION hit, the stars aligned, and all signs said KATIE DO THIS...FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE JUST FOLLOW THROUGH.

I was out walking a few weeks ago when my inspiration hit, and I mean HIT ME....I felt so alive, so full of words, a story was alive in me....I couldn't stop the words....they were coursing through my blood. The story just came together after all these years my ideas seem to have found their home in one story....I started to pray on that walk for help to write it.

But here I am weeks later and not a word put to paper or screen (LOL) I am truly afraid of actually trying, of failing, of my dream being a failure, at least by not following through I still have the dream. Last year I went and saw Jan Arden speak at the Westin and she said that some of the greatest things she has done our her failures. She said that she was even in the process then of writing her first book and that it was awful, truly awful, but that was the process she had to go through. I loved that she was able to say my book sucks but I love writing it. She is a very brave woman, do you know that she wrote songs and sang for years in secret afraid to show the world even her family what was in her heart? And yet she finally did it and look at her. And she still says that she loves her failures as much as her successes.

So....I need help, I need a kick in the ass, a pep talk, prayers......

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Go Katie, GO!!!

Give yourself a deadline to get it down on paper (or screen).

I think it would be awesome if you did it!