Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bye Bye Baby Swing

Another milestone, another reminder that she is growing so fast. Today we put her baby swing away in the storage room. The little porker is to big for it LOL That swing was a life saver in the first 3 months of the little turds life. She spent many many hours sleeping in it, and I kept a steady supply of batteries ready for it. Your daddy made comments on more than one occasion that it was costing a fortune to power that thing, personally I didn't care if the damn thing took Uranium to run it!! LOL I remember one night when we were still living in Sandyhill, and all sleeping in our tiny living room because of the summer heat, when the unthinkable happened we ran out of batts!! I ran to Mike's corner store and anxiously asked if he sold D batts, and he said "YOUR SWING BROKEN"....how did he know? "I'M A GRANDPA!!" LOL So I guess we are not the only ones that loved the swing!!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Aaaaah, I remember the days of the baby swing. We didn't own one but borrowed one for baby no. 2... it was a great contraption to keep the peace. LOL

Barb said...

Yeah, that was me... Barb. LOL Check out the avatar on my other account. ;)

Marlene said...

They grow up so fast, don't they!

Stay funny said...

ahhhhhhh well I 'm sure you will have a new toy for her to replace it... but the question now... will it give you a extra 2hours of sleep! =)

Suzane said...

Used my swing a lot too. They do grow up much too quickly!